Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

NATIONAL UNIVERSITY A CHAMPION NOT ONLY TO HER STUDENTS BUT ALSO TO HER ALUMNI

PHOTO: Courtesy of NationalUniversityManila
Such an overjoyed feeling setting my feet in the New building of National University(NU) for the first time. Being a part of rejoicing and celebrating her victory for winning the UAAP's '77 mens basketball championship against the FEU was a great privilege for me. 

JMB (Jhocson Memorial Building) 
Observing the old walls and floor of the Jhocson Memorial Building(JMB, which I used to call my home before) and the Social Hall and open court (that served as a playground to me) while walking, brought me back in time when I was still a student. Seeing, noticing and recognising all familiar faces like my dean in BSCS Rolando R. Lansigan and my algebra,accounting,trigonometry and english professor and the other office staff that I recognised so well, was a joyous feeling, they were the people aside from my parents who moulded and forged me to become who I am right now. My thanks and appreciations are less compared to my actions and feeling overload when I saw, get near and talked to them again. Schoolmates, classmates and dabarkads, were still the same tho we get a little older but the excitement of being together is much more stronger than when we were studying before. 


When the moment the university hymn started to play and the "Alma mater song" is to be sing, a volt of electricity ran through my body and it gave me a goosebumps. I found myself singing "I shall wave the, gold and blue the colours of NATIONAL U" with all possible humility, felt a grain of tear is ready to fall down from my eye, while I was throwing my fist and punching something on the air like all the nationalians do, it just made me realise and proved to me that I miss my life when I was still studying, I miss the vicinity of the university, the people who worked there, the people whom I've been with, tho it's totally new and different from the National University I grew up with, still the feeling and the experience is of a true and a real same old NATIONALIAN. 

Our(Alumni) deepest and sincere acknowledgement to those people behind this monumental celebration for not just giving the students, alumni, professor and staffs of the university a great night of party but also for strongly keeping it's children together again and making them prouder than proud for her achievements and for this memorable and historical event.

No comments:

Post a Comment